Civera is an early-stage software startup that’s on a mission to make government more transparent and accountable. We love what we do, we have fun doing it, and we’re looking to bring on a Data Engineer Fellow to support our civic technology work.
Our ground-breaking software has the potential to become the nation’s most popular tool for citizens to find election results and understand money in politics, and for government agencies to revolutionize the way they serve public requests for this vital information. Our tool is already launched or in progress in nine US states and is poised for adoption by other state, county, and municipal governments, and even other countries – and you’ll be in the middle of the action.
You are a formally-educated or self-taught technologist with strong programming fundamentals, and a relentless drive to learn and grow in your expertise and toolkit. We are looking for a Data Engineer Fellow who is capable of working on multiple projects at once and seeing them all through to completion, and a self-starter who is able to work through any obstacles to get the job done. A passion for our mission of serving the public through better government transparency is a plus.
- Develop a working understanding of political elections and related data structures
- Conduct data transformation using notebooks (usually Python)
- Develop libraries and reusable code
- Make excellent use of project management tools (e.g. Monday.com)
- Interact with project managers to elicit requirements for input and output data formats
- Contribute code across the full stack of existing web applications and services APIs.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies and participate in internal & external technology communities.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Demonstrated aptitude for extensible and scalable software architecture
- Experience developing and interacting with APIs
- Experience contributing to applications with relational database back-ends
- Experience using Git
- 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience/self-education)
Hours & Term
- This is a full-time fellowship. Hours of 10AM-6PM ET preferred.
- Term is flexible: 3-month minimum term, up to 4 terms (12 months)
- $7,500 for each 3-month term, up to 4 terms. Paid as a contractor via 1099.
Possibility for advancement into a staff role based on performance and the needs and status of Civera. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Civera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org