Civera is an early-stage software startup in that’s on a mission to make government more transparent and accountable. We love what we do, we have fun doing it, and we’re looking for new talent to scale up our sales and marketing efforts.
Our ground-breaking software has the potential to become the nation’s most popular tool for citizens to find election results and understand money in politics, and for government agencies to revolutionize the way they serve public requests for this vital information. Our tool is already launched or in progress in seven US states and is poised to conquer other state, county, and municipal governments, and other countries — but we need your help.
You are a mid-tier or senior software engineer with at least 3 years of full-time experience in building React web applications, including familiarity with multiple frameworks, strong programming fundamentals, and typical web application development and deployment processes. We are looking for a React Developer who is capable of working on multiple projects at once and seeing them all through to completion, and a self-starter who is able to work through any obstacles to get the job done. A passion for our mission of serving the public through better government transparency is highly recommended.
- Develop responsive web-based UI to support multiple viewports.
- Use theming libraries, e.g. MUI
- Write performant data access layer code
- Develop libraries and reusable code
- Design and develop using security best practices
- Support development of designs and wireframes
- Interact with functional owners to elicit requirements for effective UX
- Translate wireframes and designs into good quality code
- Design and manage relational database models, e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Manage platforms and DevOps on cloud providers, e.g. AWS, Linode
- Passionately follow tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies and participate in internal & external technology communities.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Demonstrated aptitude for extensible and scalable web application architecture
- Application hosting platforms, e.g. Vercel
- Multiple tech stacks a plus, e.g. LAMP
- Front-end UI/UX design
- Developing and interacting with APIs
- Developing applications with relational database back-ends
- Using Git and Github
- Project management platforms, e.g. Trello, Monday, ClickUp
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
Salary range: commensurate with experience and skills. Rapid advancement, health benefits, flexible schedule, and paid time off included.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Civera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com