Civera is an early-stage software startup that’s on a mission to make government more transparent and accountable. We love what we do, we have fun doing it, and we’re looking to bring on a Sales and Marketing Fellow to support our civic technology work.
Our ground-breaking software has the potential to become the nation’s most popular tool for citizens to find election results and understand money in politics, and for government agencies to revolutionize the way they serve public requests for this vital information. Our tool is already launched or in progress in ten US states and is poised for adoption by other state, county, and municipal governments, and even other countries – and you’ll be in the middle of the action.
You have strong attention to detail managing multiple tasks, the ability to adapt to a changing startup environment, and a relentless drive to build a lasting transferable skill set. We are looking for a Sales & Marketing Fellow who is capable of working on multiple projects at once and seeing them all through to completion, and a self-starter who is able to work through any obstacles to get the job done. A passion for our mission of serving the public through better government transparency is a plus.
- Represent Civera’s products and services with an ability to identify how our solutions meet customer needs
- Assist in maintaining a pipeline of interested prospects and engage sales executives for next steps
- Attend demos, take notes, schedule and perform follow ups with prospects
- Assist the CEO and Account Executives with client and prospect deliverables including agreements
- Assist with conference preparation including registrations, scheduling flights and hotels
- Display commitment to achieving team goals by exhibiting adaptability and reliability
- Utilize sales enablement tools (Hubspot, LinkedIn, etc.) for prospecting, communicating, and executing on sales strategies
- Conduct follow-up outreach to set appointments and generate new sales opportunities
- Track and report progress weekly to the Director of Sales
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
- Demonstrated success in sales, public speaking, teaching, and/or advocacy
- Excellent work ethic and follow-through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent technology skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent education)
- Prior sales experience preferred, but not required
Hours & Term
- This is a full-time fellowship. Hours of 10AM-6PM EST preferred.
- Term is flexible: 3-month minimum term, up to 4 terms (12 months)
- $7,500 for each 3-month term, up to 4 terms. Paid as a contractor via 1099.
Possibility for advancement into a staff role based on candidate performance and the business needs of Civera.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Civera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org